Never touch a running system! ;-)

700_85b79607444cc565f0214d12c05cc5eb

Sometimes it’s better to never touch a running system! 😈

Last year I did setup a linux based server with a opensource solution for videostreaming. I didn’t update the server for a while and I thought it would be a good idea to update the operating system and software components. Kaltura was running with version 10.14.0 and the actual release is 11.5.0.

kaltura_1

I did run a yum update in the shell and installed all the updates. After Upgrade the website showed me that the new release of Kaltura was installed.

kaltura_2

Sounds great, but Kaltura didn’t work anymore 😯

I did login to the publisher console and could only see a spinning loading sign beside the kaltura logo and the whole content of the publisher console didn’t work anymore.

Kaltura_3

I did activate the kaltura server log to trace the errors:

==> /opt/kaltura/log/kaltura_apache_errors.log <==
[Tue Jan 12 10:25:58 2016] [error] [client 10.30.5.51] File does not exist: /opt/kaltura/web/flash/kmc/v5.39.3, referer: http://agsstr01/index.php/kmc/kmc4
[Tue Jan 12 10:26:01 2016] [error] [client 10.30.5.51] File does not exist: /opt/kaltura/web/flash/kmc/v5.39.3, referer: http://agsstr01/index.php/kmc/kmc4
[Tue Jan 12 10:26:01 2016] [error] [client 10.30.5.51] File does not exist: /opt/kaltura/web/flash/kmc/v5.39.3, referer: http://agsstr01/index.php/kmc/kmc4
[Tue Jan 12 10:26:44 2016] [error] [client 10.30.5.51] File does not exist: /opt/kaltura/web/flash/kmc/v5.39.3, referer: http://agsstr01/index.php/kmc/kmc4
[Tue Jan 12 10:26:44 2016] [error] [client 10.30.5.51] File does not exist: /opt/kaltura/web/flash/kmc/v5.39.3, referer: http://agsstr01/index.php/kmc/kmc4
[Tue Jan 12 10:27:34 2016] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: /opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.32
[Tue Jan 12 10:27:41 2016] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: /opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.32
[Tue Jan 12 10:27:42 2016] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: /opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.32
[Tue Jan 12 10:27:57 2016] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: /opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.32
[Tue Jan 12 10:27:57 2016] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: /opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.32

further the log was full of permission errors:

==> /opt/kaltura/log/batch/bulkdownloadcloser-0-2016-01-12.log <== PHP Class map could not be saved2016-01-12 09:37:49 [1726583493] [KBatchBase->__construct] DEBUG: ___________________________________________________________________________________
2016-01-12 09:37:49 [1726583493] [KBatchBase->__construct] INFO: 2.0.2
--
==> /opt/kaltura/log/batch/bulkupload-0-2016-01-12.err.log <== PHP Warning: rename(/tmp/classMap.cacheSYsJAn,/opt/kaltura/app/cache//batch/classMap.cache): Permission denied in /opt/kaltura/app/infra/KAutoloader.php on line 433 PHP Class map could not be saved to path [/opt/kaltura/app/cache//batch/classMap.cache] folder permissions [755] ==> /opt/kaltura/log/batch/bulkupload-0-2016-01-12.log <== PHP Class map could not be saved2016-01-12 09:38:02 [1388463956] [KBatchBase->__construct] DEBUG:

I had no plan how to fix that and did open a thread in the kaltura community forums. I got an answer to follow the steps that are descibed in this document.

After running the kaltura config script in /opt/kaltura/bin/kaltura-config-all.sh I get the publisher console back to work, but everytime when I want to edit e video I get an error message: Internal server error occured.

internal_server_error_kaltura

The logfile said: Dynamic enum not found

==> 8 {main}
2016-01-12 15:08:46 [0.000267] [] [935804612] [451] [%context%] [kSphinxSearchManager->getSphinxSaveSql] ERR: exception 'Exception' with message 'Dynamic enum not found [thumbCuePoint.Thumb] for type [CuePointType]' in /opt/kaltura/app/infra/log/KalturaLog.php:83
Stack trace:
0 /opt/kaltura/app/plugins/sphinx_search/lib/kSphinxSearchManager.php(257): KalturaLog::err('Dynamic enum no...')
--
3 {main}
2016-01-12 15:11:22 [0.000192] [245352076] [39] [BATCH] [KJobHandlerWorker->closeJobOnError] ERR: exception 'Exception' with message 'Internal server error occurred' in /opt/kaltura/app/infra/log/KalturaLog.php:83
Stack trace:
0 /opt/kaltura/app/batch/batches/KJobHandlerWorker.class.php(149): KalturaLog::err('Internal server...')
--

The solution to fix this was in another thread:

The error above should be resolved by running:
php $BASE_DIR/app/generator/generate.php
and:
php $APP_DIR/deployment/base/scripts/installPlugins.php

After stopping the httpd,mechcached and kaltura-monit service I did run the php scripts manually.
The error message on the server disappeared and there is no more „‚Dynamic enum not found “ error messages in the log.

The issue with the missing html5 library could I solve by simply creating a new Folder called v2.32 and copy the content from v2.32.1 to it.

Next thing I’ve to do is to look for an ordinary backup that I can go back if somethings happen like that! 😉

 

 

Schreibe einen Kommentar

Deine E-Mail-Adresse wird nicht veröffentlicht. Erforderliche Felder sind mit * markiert.